Online Martial Arts Training Courses: What You Need to Know
The go-to resource for choosing your ideal martial arts training camp. Find all you need to know about the top training destinations and ways to elevate your skills & knowledge.
Discover Training Camps now
Have you been seriously considering taking up a martial arts practice? Or have you been wanting to elevate your existing skills & knowledge to a whole new level? Well, did you know that you don’t even have to step out of your home to do so?
It’s true! By joining an online martial arts training, you can access your training where ever you are in the world. Other than being able to practice in the comfort of your own home, you can also take it on the go.
Unlike offline training camps, you won’t have to worry setting aside budget for travels, accommodation, or meals. You can sign up and join a martial arts training at your own convenience - there’s no need to plan way in advance to make sure that you lock in the necessary time off you need to join the training.
Whether you’re just beginning your martial arts journey or are already years into your practice, this virtual training experience is designed to make it as easy and practical for you to achieve your martial arts goals!
Top reasons to join an online martial arts training
Practicality is definitely one of the biggest advantages of an online martial arts training.
As mentioned above, you can join a course from just about anywhere as long as you have a compatible device and a stable internet access. It is especially ideal for those who have a tight schedule.
When you join an online martial arts training, not only will you have access to live-stream daily traing sessions via video conferencing platforms, you’ll also receive the support & guidance of professional instructor as well as the chance to connect & interact with your fellow trainees in real time.
It allows you to keep up or elevate your practice from the comfort and safety of your home during times when traveling isn’t viable. This also means that you have the opportunity to learn authentic martial arts discipline(s) without having to travel at all!
If you’ve been dreaming of going to China to learn Kung Fu from Shaolin masters,for example, you would be able to do so without having to fly half way across the globe.
That said, when considering a course to join, it’s crucial to take the time zone of the martial arts instructor or school into consideration. This will affect as to when the live training sessions will be held on your end.
Some courses, particularly those that are 1-on-1 however, may be more flexible in terms of scheduling. Be sure to ask as many questions you have to the organizer in advance prior to making a decision.
Another major reason why an online martial arts training course makes an ideal alternative to an offline training camp is that it’s budget-friendly. This is because you won’t have to take account accommodation, meals, and travel expenses which usually make up a large portion of the overall costs of joining a martial arts training camp.
So, if you’ve been on the hunt for a course that will allow you to reap the benefits of going on a martial arts course abroad without the hefty price tag, an online martial arts training may just be your best bet!
» Looking for offline budget-friendly camps? Check out Top Affordable Martial Arts Training Camps Located All Over The Globe
And how exactly does it work?
Once you’ve signed up for a course, your instructor or school will be in contact prior to your first training session to share with you more information about the syllabus, schedule, as well as any props or gears you may need. You may also be requested to do some background reading or course-related tasks.
In the case of 1-on-1 courses, you will be expected to share as much as possible as to what you expect from the course. The instructor may also evaluate your physical fitness and existing training/skills (if any) to ensure that the training will be in a pace that would be most comfortable and beneficial to you & your martial arts goals.
While pre-recorded videos or written materials may likely to be shared prior, during, and/or after you’ve completed the course, the bulk of the training will take place through live video sessions. You may access the training via any digital device that supports video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, or FaceTime.
During group training sessions, you’ll not only be able to interact with the instructor, you’ll also be given the chance to get to know your fellow trainees. It’s also likely that you will have a group chat created by the school/instructor so you can remain in contact and support each other even when training is not in session and perhaps long after the course has been completed.
Not only will you have more opportunity to meet and connect with like-minded people, you'll also be able to reap the benefits of being a part of a group dynamic.
Tips to make the most of your online martial arts training
Now that you know how an online martial arts training works as well as its many benefits, will you be joining?
Should you decide to give it a go, here are a handful of tips to share with you that will help you to make the most of the experience:
- If you’re joining a group martial arts training course, request for the contact information of your fellow trainees in advance and reach out. This way, once training begins, you’ll get the ‘akwardness’ out of the way and will likely to be more comfortable interacting with each other throughout the course.
- Should you have any health issues or have experienced serious injuries in the past, be sure to share it with your instructor/school in advance. They’ll be able to make sure to take them into account in your training.
- Don’t live alone? Give a heads up to your housemates, spouse, or family members of your schedule and that you’re not to be disturbed during training session.
- Designate an uncluttered room in the house for the training. Make sure you’ll have enough space to practice your moves and some storage for easy access to any training gear or props you require.
- If you have access to an outdoor space, whether its your backyard, porch, or your building’s rooftop, take advantage of them and take your training outdoors for a change of scenery.
- Disable all notifications on your phone (if you’re accessing your training via your phone) or better yet, leave your phone in another room so that it won’t be a distraction while you train.
- Stay hydrated. Have a full bottle of water or two nearby so you can stay hydrated while training.
- Always set aside time for any preparation you are asked to do prior to the training sessions. This may be in the form of watching pre-recorded training videos or doing some training related reading. By doing so, you’ll have the ‘building blocks’ you need to follow along more easily and stay focused & present during the live-training.
- Have fun! While it’s always good to take your training seriously, keep in mind that you’ll be able to reap the benefits of training when you’re actually having fun. So, don’t take it too seriously – relax and enjoy the experience!
Still set on going on an offline martial arts training? No worries, we’ve got an awesome selection of quality budget martial arts training camps that won’t break the bank.